Mother consortium victorious in £90m Boots realignment
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 2003 12:00AM
A consortium led by Mother has defied sceptics to pick up the £90 million integrated advertising account for Boots' UK retail operation.
The winning team - which calls itself Los Galacticos, after the Spanish football team Real Madrid - comprised Naked, MediaCom, Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel, Saturday, Poke, Cake and Circus.
Mother is planning to relocate to new Shoreditch offices in February, where it will open a dedicated Boots' "venue", with a team composed from all the pitching agencies housed under one roof. The consortium will take over the account, worth £40 million above the line, in April 2004.
Mother's team beat the WPP incumbent agencies, J. Walter Thompson and MindShare, in the final shoot-out held last week. Consortia led by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Publicis were ruled out two weeks ago.
The Mother appointment promises to introduce a less traditional approach to Boots' marketing.
- Full story, p3.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London