WTCS and Manning Gottlieb win modern apprenticeship brief
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 2003 12:00AM
Walsh Trott Chick Smith and Manning Gottlieb OMD have triumphed in the pitch for the Government's modern apprenticeships scheme.
The pitch, run through COI Communications, saw WTCS and MG OMD paired against BMP DDB and Starcom MediaVest. The account is worth an estimated £3 million with the first part of the campaign due to break in February.
The victorious agencies will be expected to produce a campaign for the Learning & Skills Council, the governmental body responsible for planning and funding all post-16 non-university education and training in England.
The campaign aims to increase the number of modern apprenticeship places in those sectors, such as healthcare and hospitality, that have not traditionally been seen as modern apprenticeship employers. The agencies are also expected to demonstrate the benefits that a modern apprentice's enhanced skills and capabilities can have on an employer's bottom line.
The Government vowed to increase the number of young people in modern apprenticeships to 320,000 as part of its initiative to ensure young people have vocational skills before they leave education.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London