Harvey Nichols promotes winter sale
By Mark Sweney, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 2003 12:00AM
BMP DDB has used pairs of animal-headed models in aggressive poses to drama-tise the attitudes of bargain-hunting shoppers in a national print campaign to promote Harvey Nichols' winter sale.
In "deer", a pair of models dressed in black, stylish dresses are shown with deer heads and antlers interlocked in battle.
"Bears" shows two polar bear-headed men in sleeveless vests thrusting their chests out in a threatening territorial manner. In the third execution, called "wolves", two women dressed in designer clothes have been turned into wolves baring their teeth at each other. In each ad, the copy reads: "The Harvey Nichols winter sale."
"We wanted to depict how fashion lovers' behaviour becomes more aggressive and territorial when the sale is on - they turn into animals when there are bargains to fight over," Lovisa Almgren, the art director on the campaign, said. "Because it is the winter sale, we chose animals associated with the season - wolves, deer and polar bears."
The three executions will run in national and regional press from Boxing Day.
The sale kicks off on 26 December in Harvey Nichols Edinburgh and 27 December in its Knightsbridge, Leeds, Birmingham and Manchester outlets.
The campaign was art directed by Almgren and written by Ben Wade. Media planning and buying was by Rocket PHD.
BMP's August print campaign - to promote Harvey Nichols' annual summer sale - featured images of designer clothing being torn apart by frenzied shoppers eager to find bargains.
Earlier this year, BMP launched a poster and press campaign using a pair of first-time models to promote the opening of Harvey Nichols' new store in Manchester.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Associate Research Manager- Customised Research Lipton Fleming £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Data & Reporting Manager- Media Agency Lipton Fleming £35000.00 per annum, London
- Category Lead - Fresh Produce x2 Brand Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus a market leading benefits package, Hertford
- Head of Brand Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £47,000 - £57,000, Central London