Air Miles to launch interactive CD-Rom title by Rare Content
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 2003 12:00AM
The Air Miles Travel Company is launching a CD-Rom customer magazine.
The interactive title, Beyond Travel, will target two million Air Miles customers, three times a year, with destination guides and travel features.
Rare Content, the relaunched customer publishing company previously known as AMD Brass Tacks, won the contract to publish the title.
Beyond Travel's first issue will reach one million customers on 26 December as part of a package that also includes a 16-page glossy magazine. Air Miles hopes to distribute subsequent issues to its entire customer base.
Its launch will coincide with above-the-line work from Grey London, and direct marketing from Joshua.
Rare has developed a CD- Rom that uses full video and audio to bring travel alive to customers. It creates scenes such as whale-watching at Cape Cod or chanting at an Italian football stadium.
The CD launch will back Air Miles' recent repositioning as a full-service travel company offering flights, car hire and ready-made holidays.
Drew Thomson, the managing director of Air Miles, said: "Beyond Travel offers customers a different and exciting perspective on travel, and reflects our own philosophy that travel should be less about the transactional process and more about the experiential."
Matthew Cowen, Rare's editor-in-chief, said: "Air Miles' customers are in for a treat. The medium allows us to produce the most emotionally engaging and inspiring travel content outside of an Imax theatre."
It contains a detailed destination guide that allows users, for instance, to view a commentary on Cape Town while listening to local music.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- TV Account Manager- Film Lipton Fleming £37000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Head of Digital Marketing Hull UK City of Culture 2017 Competetive, Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Business Development Executive collectivo £30k + generous commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Global Advertising Network Agency, leading FMCG brand. £55k salary. ATL MODA consult Around £55k + excellent benefits & career path, London (Central), London (Greater)