Air Miles to launch interactive CD-Rom title by Rare Content
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 2003 12:00AM
The Air Miles Travel Company is launching a CD-Rom customer magazine.
The interactive title, Beyond Travel, will target two million Air Miles customers, three times a year, with destination guides and travel features.
Rare Content, the relaunched customer publishing company previously known as AMD Brass Tacks, won the contract to publish the title.
Beyond Travel's first issue will reach one million customers on 26 December as part of a package that also includes a 16-page glossy magazine. Air Miles hopes to distribute subsequent issues to its entire customer base.
Its launch will coincide with above-the-line work from Grey London, and direct marketing from Joshua.
Rare has developed a CD- Rom that uses full video and audio to bring travel alive to customers. It creates scenes such as whale-watching at Cape Cod or chanting at an Italian football stadium.
The CD launch will back Air Miles' recent repositioning as a full-service travel company offering flights, car hire and ready-made holidays.
Drew Thomson, the managing director of Air Miles, said: "Beyond Travel offers customers a different and exciting perspective on travel, and reflects our own philosophy that travel should be less about the transactional process and more about the experiential."
Matthew Cowen, Rare's editor-in-chief, said: "Air Miles' customers are in for a treat. The medium allows us to produce the most emotionally engaging and inspiring travel content outside of an Imax theatre."
It contains a detailed destination guide that allows users, for instance, to view a commentary on Cape Town while listening to local music.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Category Manager - Consumer Products Brand Recruitment negotiable, Milton Keynes
- Digital Marketing Manager, Watford, up to £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £33000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Watford
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'