NEWS: TBWA set for battle as Clark’s kicks off talks with agencies
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 December 1996 12:00AM
C&J Clark International has been talking to London agencies about its pounds 3 million to pounds 5 million advertising account.
C&J Clark International has been talking to London agencies about its
pounds 3 million to pounds 5 million advertising account.
The marketing services director, Rosemary Carr, and the advertising
manager, Hugh Croad, have spoken to a number of shops recently about the
future of the shoe manufacturer’s brands, which include Clark’s, K Shoes
The Clark’s brand is currently handled by TBWA, which won the company’s
entire business in July last year, but later ceded K Shoes to its
previous incumbent, McCann-Erickson Manchester.
However, since those appointments, the ailing Somerset-based shoe giant
has hired a new chief executive, Tim Parker, who is credited with
turning around the electronics manufacturer, Kenwood.
Joe Hoare, managing director of TBWA, said he knew of no formal review,
but understood that its contract ends in April.
The K Shoes ad, ‘creak’, by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, won best commercial of
the year in the 1989 BTAA awards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Associate Director - Sports Research PSD Group £45,000 to £55,000 + bonus + benefits, Central London
- COMMERCIAL MANAGER - LEADING ADVANCED SEARCH AGENCY Success Digital £Competitive, London
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Support Officer Harris Hill Ltd £25k per year, London