NEWS: Vimto lines up four agencies to vie for advertising rethink
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 December 1996 12:00AM
Vimto, the classic fruit drink, is reviewing its pounds 3 million advertising account and has shortlisted four agencies, including the incumbent, Tom Reddy Advertising.
Vimto, the classic fruit drink, is reviewing its pounds 3 million
advertising account and has shortlisted four agencies, including the
incumbent, Tom Reddy Advertising.
The J. N. Nichols (Vimto) group marketing manager, Chris Sefton, said he
expected to make a decision on the account by the end of January.
The review was prompted by market research conducted by the client over
the past two months which identified several new approaches and angles
for the brand.
The advertising rethink is the latest in a line of marketing changes at
the company, which has been manufacturing the soft drink for 88 years.
The changes culminated in the promotion of the sales and marketing
director, Stuart Fawcett, to managing director in May.
Last year, Vimto focused on international expansion, scouring for
agencies in Indonesia, Thailand, Brunei, the Philippines and Russia.
Exports account for 10 per cent of its total sales.
This year, the thrust of the company’s marketing effort has been
concentrated on the UK and the group has tried to extend its
geographical penetration from beyond its traditional northern heartland,
and to broaden its product range.
The TV work has tended to focus on the concentrated version of the
drink, but a new campaign is likely to include work for the carbonated
derivative as well. Vimto will also be promoting a new energy drink
aimed at a younger target market. Called Indigo, the drink will be aimed
at 18- to 30-year-olds.
Media, currently held by HTF, with TV buying through CIA Media
Solutions, is unaffected.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films