NEWS: Y&R and Tony Kaye hit movie audience with homeless film
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 December 1996 12:00AM
Young and Rubicam has got together with Tony Kaye Films to produce a cinema commercial for St Mungo’s, the largest London charity for homeless people.
Young and Rubicam has got together with Tony Kaye Films to produce a
cinema commercial for St Mungo’s, the largest London charity for
The star of the film, David Ribeiro, who was himself homeless until he
was helped by St Mungo’s, is backing up the ad by begging outside the
north London cinema where it is showing.
Inside the auditorium, Ribeiro appears again, this time on the cinema
screen, challenging the audience: ‘Remember me? I’m the bloke you just
ignored outside. You can’t ignore me now.’
He goes on to say that one organisation that did not ignore him was St
Mungo’s, which found him a home.
The commercial, which is shot in black and white, was directed by Mark
Williams at Tony Kaye Films. It was written by David West and art
directed by Richard Denney.
To minimise costs, everyone involved in the ad gave their time and
expertise for free, while media space at the Screen on the Green cinema
in Islington was also donated without charge.
Y&R is currently in talks with other cinema owners who have also
expressed an interest in running the commercial.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014