NEWS: Guardian to launch standalone media section and Netsite
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 December 1996 12:00AM
The Guardian is to launch a standalone full-colour media supplement in January, capitalising on its successful media section and creating a third string to its Monday package.
The Guardian is to launch a standalone full-colour media supplement in
January, capitalising on its successful media section and creating a
third string to its Monday package.
The move, which is mirrored online by the launch of a Media Guardian
Website, doubles the paper’s media coverage, which currently runs in the
G2 tabloid on Mondays. In look and feel, Media Guardian will be similar
to existing third sections, such as Guardian Online.
The Guardian currently has a 90 per cent share of creative/media
recruitment ads and 54 per cent of marketing ads in the broadsheet
Carolyn McCall, the advertising director of the Guardian, said: ‘By
making it colour and separating it from Guardian G2, we are giving Media
Guardian a clear identity, both editorially and in terms of advertising.
It offers us the opportunity to extend and protect our position in a
The debut of the online Media Guardian promises daily news updates on
media stories as well as a new-media column, features on US media and
the chance to create TV schedules.
The Guardian is planning to sign up commercial partners to work with it
on the Website, McCall says.
The site will have links to existing Guardian Websites, including the
recruitment advertising site, RecruitNet.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed