BLM beats leading media agencies to pounds 2m new business
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 February 1997 12:00AM
Booth Lockett Makin has secured two wins that will bring in around pounds 2 million of new billings at the expense of TMD Carat and the Media Business Group.
Booth Lockett Makin has secured two wins that will bring in around
pounds 2 million of new billings at the expense of TMD Carat and the
Media Business Group.
Universal Records, formerly MCA Records, has consolidated its pounds 3
million business into BLM. The agency already handled the strategic
planning and TV buying which makes up the bulk of the business.
The remaining tactical work, most of which is press, is worth in excess
of pounds 1 million.
The account had previously been handled by the Media Business Group, but
as Universal moved into producing compilation albums, it came into
conflict with TMBG’s pounds 30 million Polygram account.
Steve Tallamy, the director of strategic marketing at Universal Records,
said: ’BLM has provided proactive solutions on all projects.’
In addition, BLM beat TMD to the pounds 1 million planning and buying
business for the leading fertiliser brand, Phostrogen.
The win follows the purchase of Phostrogen by Solaris, a BLM client.
Charlie Makin, the managing partner at BLM, commented: ’We have nurtured
Solaris for a number of years and now it has borne fruit.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views