Saatchis victorious in battle to handle Virgin jeans brand triumphs
By ANNE-MARIE CRAWFORD, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 March 1997 12:00AM
Saatchi and Saatchi has scooped the task of launching Richard Branson’s Virgin group into the fiercely competitive clothing market.
Saatchi and Saatchi has scooped the task of launching Richard
Branson’s Virgin group into the fiercely competitive clothing
Saatchis’ sister agency, Zenith Media, is tipped to handle media buying,
but no decision has been taken.
Saatchis beat Mellors Reay and Partners, Leagas Shafron Davis, Rainey
Kelly Campbell Roalfe and Magic Hat to the business, which will spend
between pounds 2 and pounds 3 million in its launch year.
The Virgin Clothing company will open for business in the autumn.
Details of the range are not available, but it is thought to be an
upmarket casualwear collection centred on Virgin’s own brand of
The appointment reunites Virgin Clothing’s new marketing director,
Lesley Angus, with Saatchi and Saatchi and specifically with its
chairman, Alan Bishop. The pair worked together when Angus was a
Saatchis’ client at the confectionery giant, Mars.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014