St Luke’s picks up pounds 2m Boots Natural Collection task
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 March 1997 12:00AM
St Luke’s will be the creative force behind a new advertising push for Boots Natural Collection following a pitch for the brand.
St Luke’s will be the creative force behind a new advertising push
for Boots Natural Collection following a pitch for the brand.
J. Walter Thompson, which handles Boots’ corporate and retail accounts,
and St Luke’s, which runs the chemist chain’s No 17 and No 7 ranges,
were both asked to present ideas for a revitalisation of the Naturals
Neither St Luke’s chairman, Andy Law, nor its marketing director, David
Abraham, would comment on reports that it had picked up the pounds 2
million account. However, sources at JWT confirmed it had not won the
Media for Boots is handled by BMP DDB and was not included in the
Since its launch by Collett Dickenson Pearce in the late 80s, the
Naturals range of soaps, creams and shampoos has received little
However, last summer, Boots announced a plan to invest pounds 300
million to defend itself against the growing influence of supermarkets
in the health and beauty sector. This included a renewed advertising
drive on its own-label products.
The Natural Collection was originally launched in the mould of the Body
Shop’s successful range of environmentally friendly toiletries. Naturals
has sales of about pounds 60 million - which amounts to two-thirds of
the Body Shop’s total sales.
The natural concept has since been taken up successfully by other high
street chains, such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Superdrug, and the
increase in competition has forced Boots to lift the profile of
Co-incidentally, St Luke’s has helped the Body Shop with communications
projects in the past, although the relationship is now dormant.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London