TBWA and BMP take top honours at 1999 D&AD awards night
By FRANCESCA NEWLAND, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 May 1999 12:00AM
TBWA GGT Simons Palmer led the UK advertising cause at Wednesday night’s British Design & Art Direction Awards, landing five of the 18 silvers won by the ad industry.
TBWA GGT Simons Palmer led the UK advertising cause at Wednesday
night’s British Design & Art Direction Awards, landing five of the 18
silvers won by the ad industry.
TBWA won two silvers for its work for Waterstone’s, one for the Tate
Gallery and two for its ’double life’ commercial for Sony
The agency was joined on the podium by BMP DDB, which won two silvers
for its Volkswagen Polo ads. Other UK winners included Abbott Mead
Vickers BBDO for the Guinness ’swim black’ ad and Lowe Howard-Spink for
The Independent ’litany’ film.
But seven of the silvers went to US agencies. Cliff Freeman & Partners
won three awards, Goodby Silverstein & Partners picked up a further two,
while Wieden & Kennedy, Portland and Ground Zero took the others.
Full story, p8.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London