Sorrell plans the addition of third WPP media network
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 February 2004 08:30AM
LONDON - WPP is set to announce plans for a third media network when it unveils its strong full-year results on Friday.
The new media offering is expected to use some of the second-string agencies of WPP's MindShare and Mediaedge:cia brands around the world for its foundations.
WPP has other media brands, such as Media Insight in Germany, which could also become part of the third international media network. This would allow WWP to accommodate conflicting business.
Initial details of the network's launch will be announced on Friday when WPP's chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell is set to reveal financial results that suggest an end to the advertising recession may be in sight.
Analysts have predicted that WPP will post pre-tax profits of £454m on revenues of £4.04bn. In 2002, its pre-tax profits fell by 50% to £205m.
Sorrell said: "We're out of the bath but let's hope we don't get a shower in 2005."
WPP is expected to say the recovery is driven by an upturn in the US and Asia, but will indicate that the climate in Europe is still not easy. It is also said to be crediting the upturn to a media planning and buying resurgence.
Its expectations for 2004 are high because the Olympic Games, the Euro 2004 football championships and US Presidential elections are all expected to boost spending.
The City company Lehman Brothers has increased its 2004 advertising growth forecast to 4.9% in anticipation of the WPP results and a stronger year ahead for other networks.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'