JWT wins Barclays Capital task
By VICTORIA MEDHURST, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 November 1997 12:00AM
J. Walter Thompson has won the pounds 2 million corporate advertising account of Barclays Capital Group, the company formed to manage the debt trading, derivatives and foreign exchange operation of BZW.
J. Walter Thompson has won the pounds 2 million corporate
advertising account of Barclays Capital Group, the company formed to
manage the debt trading, derivatives and foreign exchange operation of
JWT, which is the agency for Barclays Bank, pitched for the business
against Young & Rubicam and Dewe Rogerson, the incumbent on BZW.
Barclays Capital Group was formed after Barclays decided to sell off the
equities division of BZW.
Simon Burridge, a director-in-charge at JWT, said: ’It was important
that we win this account, to further consolidate our relationship with
Peter Baillie, the director of corporate communications at Barclays
Capital, said: ’We were impressed by JWT’s ready grasp of the issues
facing an investment banking business in today’s competitive and rapidly
The first campaign for Barclays Capital will launch in the financial,
international and domestic press in major capital markets, with the
first burst due to run before Christmas.
Burridge said JWT clinched the deal with the help of a simple creative
device that will form part of an international branding exercise. ’We
will use a thin blue line to cross out or underscore and emphasise text.
This device can work across all markets - it is equally effective in
Germany and Japan,’ he said.
The blue line has been adapted from the Barclays Capital corporate
styling, which is represented by grey text underlined in blue.
The Advertising Agency Register was used to shortlist the three
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- CEO Gail Gallie departs Fallon
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP