Coca-Cola decides to run new Mother 'I wish' television spot in the US
By Rachel Gardner, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2004 12:00AM
Mother's debut campaign for Coca-Cola's Classic Coke brand is to be run in the US following its success in Britain.
The news is a vote of confidence in the agency, but will come as a blow to WPP's Berlin Cameron/Red Cell, which handles the brand in the US.
Berlin Cameron was added to Coke's US creative roster in January last year, replacing McCann-Erickson's New York shop. The agency developed the "real" positioning, and created a campaign using Hollywood stars.
Mother's 60-second commercial, entitled "I wish", also uses the "real" strategy.
It was shot using a cinematic "one-shot" format and stars the singer Sharlene Hector.
Coke operates a complicated roster system and has a tradition of airing ads across different markets. This will see a campaign by McCann-Erickson Madrid screened in the UK shortly.
However, Mother says it is not working on any additional ads for the US and has not been told whether the second ad in the campaign, expected to break in the spring, will also be launched in the US.
Mother was appointed to the flagship Coke UK account in September.
The decision to run the ad in the US follows Charlotte Oades' promotion to president of Coca-Cola Great Britain at the end of last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London