WCRS takes design and fashion theme for Debenhams ads
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2004 12:00AM
WCRS has created a national television and press campaign to promote Debenhams' spring clothing collection.
The campaign attempts to move on from Debenhams' usual creative device of scrolling through shop floors. The commercial, called "escalators", continues to focus on the designer clothes offered at Debenhams, but also features a greater range of products.
The ad uses the strapline "styling the nation with designers at Debenhams", a development of the store's core line: "Britain's favourite department store."
It is set in a stylised Debenhams store using groups of men, women and children dancers dressed in the latest spring fashions. A series of vignettes, to the track London in the Rain by Variety Lab, highlight the new ranges being offered by designers including Jasper Conran and Rocha.John Rocha.
Alison Jones, the head of marketing at Debenhams, said: "Making great design and fashion more accessible is key to the Debenhams brand."
The ad is supported by a press campaign promoting womenswear, menswear and lingerie.
The ad was written by Gary Knight and art directed by Tim Robertson.
Direction was by Harvey & Carolyn through Pink. Media planning and buying is by Carat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire