3 promotes standard rate for its pre-pay mobile offering
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2004 12:00AM
WCRS's first television campaign for the mobile network operator 3 features the actress Anna Friel promoting its first pre-pay offering, called ThreePay.
Campaign revealed last week that WCRS was to create 3's next advertising in a move that threatens the incumbent TBWA\London's hold on the 3 account.
The ad represents an important step for 3 as 65 per cent of the UK market is made up of pay-as-you-go customers. Until now, 3 has only been able to target the 35 per cent who elect to have contracts.
In the ad, Friel plays with a CD. She points out how ridiculous consumers would find it if they had to pay two prices for a CD - one for daytime and one for night-time - which is how 3's competitors charge consumers for their pre-pay packages. She then explains how it is common sense to choose ThreePay because it offers a standard rate to all customers no matter what time, or which network, they call.
The ads were written and art directed by WCRS's executive creative director, Leon Jaume. Direction was by Hank Perlman through Hungry Man.
The TV ad is supported by radio, plus six-, 48- and 96-sheet posters using the strapline: "If you top up twice a month you're better off with ThreePay." Press creative will use the line: "Pay less as you go." Media planning and buying is by MindShare.
Bob Fuller, the chief executive of 3, said: "Our challenge is to shake up a stale and unimaginative market to find ways of delivering better value to consumers."
Julian Hough, the business development director at WCRS, added: "This is an exciting time for 3 and we are delighted to be working with them on this launch."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Producer Purple Consultancy £250 - £300 per day, London
- Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Award Winning ATL Creative Agency looking for a talented Account Manager - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd uo to c£34k, Central London