Lansdown beats off opposition for stint at Sunday Business
By CLAIRE COZENS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 January 1999 12:00AM
Lansdown Conquest has won the Sunday Business account after successfully meeting the newspaper’s challenge to turn a brief into a TV commercial within 48 hours.
Lansdown Conquest has won the Sunday Business account after
successfully meeting the newspaper’s challenge to turn a brief into a TV
commercial within 48 hours.
The agency, up against Leagas Delaney in the final race for the creative
assignment on the account, not only produced the film but gained
approval from the Broadcast Advertising Clearance Centre to air it even
though it was not screened.
’It was a fair test because newspaper ads often have to be created at a
very late stage,’ Julian Saunders, Landsown’s chief executive, said.
’Newspaper clients are fast and demanding and you need to be creative,
quick and cost effective.’
Lansdown’s capture of the business follows a phone conversation about
the paper’s future advertising last year between Jeff Randall, its
editor, and Martin Sorrell, the chairman of Lansdown’s WPP parent.
Saunders, who was previously part of the Ogilvy & Mather team that
successfully pitched for The Sunday Times, submitted a strategy paper to
Randall, a former Sunday Times journalist.
As a result, Lansdown was invited to contest the business when it was
reviewed out of DMB&B (Campaign, 4 December 1998). Media buying stays at
Andrew Hart, the Sunday Business managing director, who trawled several
agencies with media client experience, said: ’A similar creative
strategy was purported by all the pitching agencies but Lansdown went
that extra mile and proved how its creative and strategic thinking will
Agency and client are currently in discussion about a TV, radio and
poster campaign, due to break at the end of the month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Designer PFJ £23000.00 - £26000.00 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director - International Health, Fitness and Racquets Operator Portfolio Sport £80,000 - £90,000 basic + bonus, Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- European Category Development Manager Brand Recruitment Salary dependent of experience + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Account Manager - ATL / Integrated - c£32k - Iconic Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd c£32k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account