Aquafresh appoints Michaelides & Bednash for launch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 March 2004 12:00AM
The pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline has appointed Michaelides & Bednash to work on its Aquafresh brand.
The agency will undertake a major piece of new product development for the brand, which is due to launch later this year.
The overall marketing communications budget for the new product launch is more than £3 million.
Simon Banks, a senior manager for marketing at GSK Oral Care, said: "M&B blew me away with its ideas and its thinking. With this launch, we aim to reconnect people with Aquafresh by actually talking to them and not just the 'dentist' in them. M&B Brand Experiences will be fundamental in hitting this connection."
M&B will be responsible for creating new ways of connecting Aquafresh, one of GSK's top five consumer healthcare brands with an annual turnover of £344 million, with its target market and bringing the brand to life through a variety of brand experiences.
Paul O'Neill, a partner at M&B, said: "Toothpaste marketing hasn't changed much over the years. This client is hell-bent on changing all that. Our brief is to create communications that totally changes the way people view the category."
M&B will work alongside Grey Worldwide, GSK's global advertising agency, and MediaCom, which handles worldwide media planning.
Last September, Diageo appointed the agency, without a competitive pitch, to work on its Scotch whisky brand J&B internationally. The brief was to connect with its core 18- to 24-year-old market in non-traditional ways. Unilever also hired M&B in a similar role to work across a range of its products.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Talented Mixed Methodology Researchers- Boutique Innovative Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £27000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Strategy Director with Global Media Network Gemini Search £75000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Executive/Junior Account Executive fishtank £17000 - £22000 per annum, Surrey
- PR Account Director, B2B, German Speaking, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London