NEWS: Dowell and Associates beats Delaney Fletcher to UK Epson account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 March 1996 12:00AM
Dowell and Associates has scooped the centralised UK advertising account for the Japanese printer giant, Epson, in the midst of a pan-European creative rethink (Campaign, last week).
Dowell and Associates has scooped the centralised UK advertising account
for the Japanese printer giant, Epson, in the midst of a pan-European
creative rethink (Campaign, last week).
The agency is to take over the pounds 3 million advertising for Epson’s
UK and international divisions after a two-way shoot-out against Winston
Fletcher’s Delaney Fletcher Bozell. The two agencies had shared the UK
business, with Dowell handling product-based advertising and Bozells the
corporate work. Dowell now takes on the entire UK above- and below-the-
line work for the company.
Geoff Dowell, the agency’s executive chairman, said that Dowell’s track
record on Epson’s product advertising had helped clinch the centralised
‘Over the past three years our campaigns have always generated a good
response, and we were able to demonstrate a strong emphasis on achieving
real results for the company,’ Dowell added.
Dowell also takes on advertising for Epson’s International division,
which incorporates Africa, the Middle East and Scandinavia. Dowell is
part of a network of independent agencies, E3, which will be used to
handle Epson’s advertising in local markets outside the UK.
The UK advertising overhaul comes as Epson steps up its plans for to
achieve a harmonious approach to its European advertising. The company
is set to brief three of its incumbent European agencies to devise a new
pan-European advertising concept.
Bozell Worldwide, which handles some Epson business in Amsterdam, is
expected to pitch alongside two other Epson agencies to design a new
look for the company’s European ads.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart