Unilever hands M&B £15m pan-European Knorr task
By Jeremy Lee,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 April 2004 08:30AM
LONDON - Michaelides & Bednash has won a place on the agency roster for the Unilever power brand Knorr after winning a £15m pan-European brief to find new ways to connect the brand to audiences.
M&B won the account after a competitive pitch and will work alongside Knorr's global agency partners J. Walter Thompson, DDB, Initiative and MindShare to supplement the advertising and media work of these agencies. The UK will be a key market.
This is the second piece of business M&B has won from Unilever Bestfoods. Last July, the agency won a £20 million pan-European brief for its Family Brands business.
Charlie Stopford, Unilever Bestfoods' media manager, said: "My brief is to bring brands to life as part of a consumer's everyday experience so as to maximise Unilever's media investment. We continue to award business to M&B because it understands how to achieve this."
Paul O'Neill, a partner at M&B, added: "Growing our Unilever relationship is a big priority for us. Knorr is Unilever's biggest brand."
Knorr is one of the world's biggest culinary brands, with annual sales of about £3.5bn. Last year, Unilever indicated that it was planning to spend £15m supporting it in order to establish it as a top ten power brand by 2005.
Last month, M&B further strengthened its FMCG credentials after winning a brief from GlaxoSmithKline for its Aquafresh brand. The agency was appointed to undertake a product development project for the brand.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London