NEWS: Four shops to fight for pounds 6m revamp of Proton ad strategy
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 December 1995 12:00AM
Proton Cars, the Malaysian car manufacturer, is talking to four agencies about a top-secret pitch for its pounds 6 million advertising account.
Proton Cars, the Malaysian car manufacturer, is talking to four agencies
about a top-secret pitch for its pounds 6 million advertising account.
The company has been a magnet for UK agencies since it first launched
here six years ago at the low-cost end of the market. However, until now
its enduring relationship with the small Warrington-based agency,
Quadrant, has proved too strong to break.
In May, the Malaysian parent company took full control of its UK
subsidiary for the first time, causing a change in direction at the car
The move has opened the door for outsiders to have a serious crack at
its mainstream advertising account for the first time.
Creative and strategic pitches are scheduled in January from McCann-
Erickson Bristol, Mitchell Patterson Aldred Mitchell, and two
Manchester-based shops - BDH and Stowe Bowden Wilson. Quadrant has not
been invited to repitch.
Both the national sales manager of Proton Cars, John England, and its
chief executive officer, Mohamed Zainal, were out of the country as
Campaign went to press. However, a spokesman for the company confirmed
that a review was under way.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Affiliate Account Manager - German Betting Appointments £30000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- eCommerce Operations Executive - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bristol
- Marketing Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + car allowance, Newport Pagnell
- Category Executive - FMCG Brand Recruitment £Competitive , Peterborough
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency