Helen Mirren set to succeed Stamp as Virgin Atlantic star
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 December 1995 12:00AM
LONDON - Virgin Atlantic Airways has cast Helen Mirren, the British actress, as its new TV ad personality.
Virgin Atlantic Airways has cast Helen Mirren, the British actress, as its new TV ad personality.
She replaces Terence Stamp, who has starred in the airline’s pounds 2 million Upper Class advertising campaign since spring 1994.
Mirren will make her advertising debut in a campaign set to run next year through Virgin Atlantic’s agency, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe. A new ad is currently being shot in London using the director, Jeff Stark, who also worked on the Terence Stamp ads.
Mirren has won acclaim for her roles in films such as the Madness of King George, and the Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover, as well as the Prime Suspect series of crime dramas on ITV.
It is thought that the new ads will be similar in tone to the previous series, although nobody at Rainey Kelly was available to comment.
Virgin is currently re-running selected Terence Stamp ads in response to British Airway’s recent pounds 115 million upgrade of its First and Club World services.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business