NEWS: Simons nets secret Virgin Radio project after four-way pitch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 December 1995 12:00AM
Virgin Radio has appointed Simons Palmer Denton Clemmow and Johnson to create a major new advertising campaign for next year.
Virgin Radio has appointed Simons Palmer Denton Clemmow and Johnson to
create a major new advertising campaign for next year.
Simons Palmer beat three agencies to the business, which could be worth
up to pounds 1 million, after a secret pitch.
Paul Simons, the chairman of Simons Palmer, confirmed that the agency
had taken on the brief as a one-off project, and both parties had agreed
to see how the work and relationship develops.
John Pearson, managing director of Virgin Radio, added: ‘Simons Palmer
understands the Virgin brand, and we are confident that it can do a
great job for the station.’
Virgin Radio appointed Bartle Bogle Hegarty at the time of its launch in
April 1993, but the relationship ended after less than a year, when
‘creative differences’ were exposed and poster executions rejected.
When the FM frequency was launched in London in April this year, a TV
campaign was created in-house.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Head of Shopper Insights & Strategy Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Vice President China & Global Accounts Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £120000.00 per annum + relocation costs, Cheshire