NEWS: Simons nets secret Virgin Radio project after four-way pitch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 December 1995 12:00AM
Virgin Radio has appointed Simons Palmer Denton Clemmow and Johnson to create a major new advertising campaign for next year.
Virgin Radio has appointed Simons Palmer Denton Clemmow and Johnson to
create a major new advertising campaign for next year.
Simons Palmer beat three agencies to the business, which could be worth
up to pounds 1 million, after a secret pitch.
Paul Simons, the chairman of Simons Palmer, confirmed that the agency
had taken on the brief as a one-off project, and both parties had agreed
to see how the work and relationship develops.
John Pearson, managing director of Virgin Radio, added: ‘Simons Palmer
understands the Virgin brand, and we are confident that it can do a
great job for the station.’
Virgin Radio appointed Bartle Bogle Hegarty at the time of its launch in
April 1993, but the relationship ended after less than a year, when
‘creative differences’ were exposed and poster executions rejected.
When the FM frequency was launched in London in April this year, a TV
campaign was created in-house.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Planner - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: A host of company benefits, London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency