NEWS: BDH joins Government ad roster by winning Going for Green account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 December 1995 12:00AM
The Manchester-based agency, BDH, has joined the Government’s advertising roster for the first time by winning the Central Office of Information’s ‘Going for Green’ account.
The Manchester-based agency, BDH, has joined the Government’s
advertising roster for the first time by winning the Central Office of
Information’s ‘Going for Green’ account.
Going for Green, an initiative announced earlier this year by John
Gummer, the Environment Secretary, aims to encourage more environment
consciousness in the country by getting groups and individuals to change
BDH beat McCann-Erickson Manchester and J. Walter Thompson Manchester
for the account, which should amount to more than pounds 1 million once
company sponsorship has kicked in.
Manchester-based shops pitched for the account because Going for Green
is based in Manchester, as is the chairman of its co-ordination
committee, Professor Graham Ashworth.
Al Dickman, creative director of BDH, explained that the Going for Green
relaunch was designed to harness the sentiments of ordinary people.
‘This is all about people power. Individuals might feel powerless
against big groups, but if they start to go green together, we can all
make a real difference,’ he said.
A national press campaign will break early next year, aiming to
establish Going for Green, and its BDH-designed logo, as the umbrella
for a number of green initiatives. This will include drives to use less
water, recycle cans and share cars more often.
‘We aim to launch Going for Green in a consumer-friendly way and give it
a real personality,’ Dickman explained.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands