Adshel wins £100m outdoor contract in West Midlands area
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 April 2004 12:00AM
Clear Channel has won one of the largest-ever UK outdoor contracts after its Adshel division picked up the £100 million street furniture account for the West Midlands.
Adshel won the contract, which will run for ten years, following a competitive pitch. It previously held the business, but under the new terms will increase the number of advertising panels across the West Midlands.
Starting on 1 July, the deal covers areas in which the bus operator Centro runs its services. This comprises Birmingham, Dudley, Coventry, Walsall and Wolverhampton.
The award of the West Midlands contract, the second largest outside London, comes ahead of pitches for many of the remaining Network Rail outdoor contracts, a large proportion of which are held by Maiden.
Julie France, the managing director of Adshel, said: "We are delighted that Centro has chosen Adshel as its partner for advertising. This new contract will enable Adshel to strengthen its coverage of the UK and reinforces its position as the leader in the six-sheet market."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive Stopgap £24000 - £25000 per annum, South East England
- POS Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 - £28000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Marketing & Communications Manager Stopgap £32000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel