Adshel wins £100m outdoor contract in West Midlands area
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 April 2004 12:00AM
Clear Channel has won one of the largest-ever UK outdoor contracts after its Adshel division picked up the £100 million street furniture account for the West Midlands.
Adshel won the contract, which will run for ten years, following a competitive pitch. It previously held the business, but under the new terms will increase the number of advertising panels across the West Midlands.
Starting on 1 July, the deal covers areas in which the bus operator Centro runs its services. This comprises Birmingham, Dudley, Coventry, Walsall and Wolverhampton.
The award of the West Midlands contract, the second largest outside London, comes ahead of pitches for many of the remaining Network Rail outdoor contracts, a large proportion of which are held by Maiden.
Julie France, the managing director of Adshel, said: "We are delighted that Centro has chosen Adshel as its partner for advertising. This new contract will enable Adshel to strengthen its coverage of the UK and reinforces its position as the leader in the six-sheet market."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account