Drew Thomson quits Air Miles as BA turns down proposed MBO
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 May 2004 12:00AM
Drew Thomson and Robin Wooldridge, the managing director and finance director of Air Miles, have quit the travel company after failing to agree terms of a management buyout from its BA owner.
Thomson said: "I've always wanted to run my own company and after three-and-a-half years at Air Miles, now is the right time to move on."
The news comes three months after the former Grey London chief executive Garry Lace was linked with Thomson and a loyalty venture in an e-mail said by Lace to be a hoax (Campaign, 13 February). It claimed that Lace had quit the agency to set up a loyalty programme with Thomson and others.
At the time, the claims were denied by Lace. Separately, Lace left the agency in March.
A BA spokeswoman confirmed the departures and that Thomson was preparing to set up his own venture. However, she was unable to comment on whether Lace was involved in the MBO.
Thomson and Wooldridge will leave at the end of May.
Lace and Thomson refused to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Strategy Director (Social & Outreach) - Creative Agency Speckled Frog c. £70k depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, East Midlands Region / West Midlands Region
- Account Director - Integrated Brand Experience Agency - £40-50K - Permanent Bamboo Crowd £40000 - £50000, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £52000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)