D&AD: E4's E-Sketch artwork initiative draws more than 70,000 entrants
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 May 2004 12:00AM
An E4 initiative that gives viewers the chance to have their artwork displayed on air has attracted more than 70,000 entries.
E4, Channel 4's digital youth and entertainment channel, launched the cross-platform scheme in February as a means of allowing viewers to contribute to its overall on-air look and build a closer relationship with its audience.
Viewers are invited to use their computer mouse and on-screen software design tools to draw a picture and then submit the work via the Channel 4 website. The initiative is known as E-Sketch.
The best 50 sketches that are chosen are then transmitted at the beginning and end of each ad break on E4 and the viewers are notified by e-mail.
The E-Sketch concept was devised by Daniel Eatock and Sam Solhaug from Boymeetsgirl/S&J and was commissioned by Rufus Radcliffe, the head of marketing for E4.
Eatock and Solhaug said: "This is a unique and creative way that all viewers can literally contribute to the channel's content. E-Sketch is a message board for viewers to creatively communicate to a large audience."
Neil Gorringe, E4's head of on-air promotion, added: "E-Sketch has been more successful than we could have dreamed of - viewers have really taken to the idea and we have been deluged with all kinds of brilliant and imaginative images. Obviously, we've had quite a lot of crudely scrawled penises submitted as well, but such is life."
The E-Sketch scheme is set to continue until the beginning of next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign