D&AD: E4's E-Sketch artwork initiative draws more than 70,000 entrants
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 May 2004 12:00AM
An E4 initiative that gives viewers the chance to have their artwork displayed on air has attracted more than 70,000 entries.
E4, Channel 4's digital youth and entertainment channel, launched the cross-platform scheme in February as a means of allowing viewers to contribute to its overall on-air look and build a closer relationship with its audience.
Viewers are invited to use their computer mouse and on-screen software design tools to draw a picture and then submit the work via the Channel 4 website. The initiative is known as E-Sketch.
The best 50 sketches that are chosen are then transmitted at the beginning and end of each ad break on E4 and the viewers are notified by e-mail.
The E-Sketch concept was devised by Daniel Eatock and Sam Solhaug from Boymeetsgirl/S&J and was commissioned by Rufus Radcliffe, the head of marketing for E4.
Eatock and Solhaug said: "This is a unique and creative way that all viewers can literally contribute to the channel's content. E-Sketch is a message board for viewers to creatively communicate to a large audience."
Neil Gorringe, E4's head of on-air promotion, added: "E-Sketch has been more successful than we could have dreamed of - viewers have really taken to the idea and we have been deluged with all kinds of brilliant and imaginative images. Obviously, we've had quite a lot of crudely scrawled penises submitted as well, but such is life."
The E-Sketch scheme is set to continue until the beginning of next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Pharmaceutical Associate/Account Director/ (Full or Part-Time) Brand Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Bedford
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed