Conde Nast contract division joins forces with over-50s brand
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 May 2004 12:00AM
Conde Nast is launching a monthly title aimed at the over-50s, called 2 Magazine.
The magazine is the result of a partnership between Conde Nast's contract publishing division and the South African over-50s brand Second-lifestyle, owned by the entrepreneur Ken Burgess.
The magazine's launch in September will be the brand's UK debut.
Priced at £3.95, the title will have an initial print run of 100,000 and will cover areas including health, travel and property. If it is a success in the UK, then it is likely to be rolled out worldwide.
2 Magazine will compete against titles such as Saga and Emap Esprit's 50-plus title, Yours.
The magazine is the first in a series of planned initiatives from Secondlifestyle, including an internet radio station, 2 radio, set to launch in 2005.
Burgess, the chairman of Secondlifestyle, said: "The significance and recognition that 50 is the new 21 is really taking hold. There is no disputing the facts: we are the richest, best educated, healthiest and most long-lived generation ever seen."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Acquisition Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Mobile - top agency - to £70k Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + + agency bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Designer Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing & Business Development Manager, £38k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Vodafone to create play from tweets
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win