Conde Nast contract division joins forces with over-50s brand
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 May 2004 12:00AM
Conde Nast is launching a monthly title aimed at the over-50s, called 2 Magazine.
The magazine is the result of a partnership between Conde Nast's contract publishing division and the South African over-50s brand Second-lifestyle, owned by the entrepreneur Ken Burgess.
The magazine's launch in September will be the brand's UK debut.
Priced at £3.95, the title will have an initial print run of 100,000 and will cover areas including health, travel and property. If it is a success in the UK, then it is likely to be rolled out worldwide.
2 Magazine will compete against titles such as Saga and Emap Esprit's 50-plus title, Yours.
The magazine is the first in a series of planned initiatives from Secondlifestyle, including an internet radio station, 2 radio, set to launch in 2005.
Burgess, the chairman of Secondlifestyle, said: "The significance and recognition that 50 is the new 21 is really taking hold. There is no disputing the facts: we are the richest, best educated, healthiest and most long-lived generation ever seen."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £50000 per annum, Berkshire
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show