Conde Nast contract division joins forces with over-50s brand
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 May 2004 12:00AM
Conde Nast is launching a monthly title aimed at the over-50s, called 2 Magazine.
The magazine is the result of a partnership between Conde Nast's contract publishing division and the South African over-50s brand Second-lifestyle, owned by the entrepreneur Ken Burgess.
The magazine's launch in September will be the brand's UK debut.
Priced at £3.95, the title will have an initial print run of 100,000 and will cover areas including health, travel and property. If it is a success in the UK, then it is likely to be rolled out worldwide.
2 Magazine will compete against titles such as Saga and Emap Esprit's 50-plus title, Yours.
The magazine is the first in a series of planned initiatives from Secondlifestyle, including an internet radio station, 2 radio, set to launch in 2005.
Burgess, the chairman of Secondlifestyle, said: "The significance and recognition that 50 is the new 21 is really taking hold. There is no disputing the facts: we are the richest, best educated, healthiest and most long-lived generation ever seen."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Category Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50k-£55k + car, South East
- Digital Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital Negotiable, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - London Integrated agency - Experiential - Perm Bamboo Crowd £30,000 to £40,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Consultant Butterfly London £50-65k + bonus + benefits, London
- Head of Communications - Art Charity CHM £Competitive Salary, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote