Da Luca wine brand launches in UK with Sunday press drive
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 May 2004 12:00AM
Da Luca, the premium Italian wine brand, is launching in the UK with press advertising that capitalises on the passion of the man who produces it.
Poulter Partners, the Leeds agency that produced the campaign, said the executions are an attempt to break away from the usual conventions of wine promotion.
The ads focus on Scipione Luca Guiliani and are inspired by his obsessive dedication to producing wine he can be proud of.
One ad carries the headline: "My wife, my children, my wine. But not necessarily in that order." Another reads: "My wife says I think about my wine every waking minute. Not true, I also dream about it."
The Da Luca brand is being introduced in the UK by Western Wines, which also distributes Kumala, South Africa's fastest-growing wine brand.
The ads were written by Gary Delaporte and art directed by Mick Craven.
Media planning and buying for the campaign, which will break in national newspaper supplements this Sunday, is handled by MediaCom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media