Da Luca wine brand launches in UK with Sunday press drive
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 May 2004 12:00AM
Da Luca, the premium Italian wine brand, is launching in the UK with press advertising that capitalises on the passion of the man who produces it.
Poulter Partners, the Leeds agency that produced the campaign, said the executions are an attempt to break away from the usual conventions of wine promotion.
The ads focus on Scipione Luca Guiliani and are inspired by his obsessive dedication to producing wine he can be proud of.
One ad carries the headline: "My wife, my children, my wine. But not necessarily in that order." Another reads: "My wife says I think about my wine every waking minute. Not true, I also dream about it."
The Da Luca brand is being introduced in the UK by Western Wines, which also distributes Kumala, South Africa's fastest-growing wine brand.
The ads were written by Gary Delaporte and art directed by Mick Craven.
Media planning and buying for the campaign, which will break in national newspaper supplements this Sunday, is handled by MediaCom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition/Experiential 3D Designers - £45,000 Network Career Consultants £30000 - £48000 per annum, London
- Mid/Senior Designer Tomorrow Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, East London
- Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £125 - £175 per day, North London
- Director of Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Canal & River Trust Competitive, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Print Senior Account Manager - TOP 5 MEDIA AGENCY Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , West End
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'