Da Luca wine brand launches in UK with Sunday press drive
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 May 2004 12:00AM
Da Luca, the premium Italian wine brand, is launching in the UK with press advertising that capitalises on the passion of the man who produces it.
Poulter Partners, the Leeds agency that produced the campaign, said the executions are an attempt to break away from the usual conventions of wine promotion.
The ads focus on Scipione Luca Guiliani and are inspired by his obsessive dedication to producing wine he can be proud of.
One ad carries the headline: "My wife, my children, my wine. But not necessarily in that order." Another reads: "My wife says I think about my wine every waking minute. Not true, I also dream about it."
The Da Luca brand is being introduced in the UK by Western Wines, which also distributes Kumala, South Africa's fastest-growing wine brand.
The ads were written by Gary Delaporte and art directed by Mick Craven.
Media planning and buying for the campaign, which will break in national newspaper supplements this Sunday, is handled by MediaCom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media