Publicis lands £100m Zurich brief
By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 2004 12:00AM
Zurich, the financial services giant, is consolidating its entire global marketing and communications activities within the Publicis network.
Budgets are undisclosed, but industry sources estimate the account will be worth around £100 million.
Media arrangements have yet to be finalised, but Publicis Groupe's ZenithOptimedia subsidiary is thought to be in pole position to take on the job. The UK incumbent on the business, worth £2.9 million above the line according to Nielsen Media Research, is John Ayling & Associates.
Besides the main Zurich brand, Publicis will also take on responsibility for the company's other subsidiary operations, which include Eagle Star Insurance and Allied Dunbar Assurance.
The appointment is a blow to Joshua, which handles the business in the UK and has created campaigns including spots featuring flying pigs and the actor Peter O'Toole.
The Publicis brief will cover a broad range of activity, including customer relationship marketing, investor relations, internal and external communications and sponsorship as well as above-the-line advertising.
The work will focus on Zurich's key markets - the UK, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Italy and the US. The Publicis office in Zurich will take lead agency status.
Publicis' triumph follows presentations to Zurich's chiefs in Switzerland last month by a number of undisclosed contenders.
Rick Bendel, the Publicis chief operating officer, who led the network's pitch, said: "Zurich is a powerful brand which is under-exploited in what is an increasingly dynamic sector of financial services."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency