HHCL unveils pounds 8m Egg launch for Prudential
By HARRIET GREEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 October 1998 12:00AM
Prudential, Britain’s largest insurer, is backing the launch of its direct banking arm, Egg, with an pounds 8 million multi-media campaign through HHCL & Partners.
Prudential, Britain’s largest insurer, is backing the launch of its
direct banking arm, Egg, with an pounds 8 million multi-media campaign
through HHCL & Partners.
Egg will operate via the internet, telephone and post, and will be run
separately from the group’s two other businesses, Scottish Amicable and
Prudential. Initially, it will offer mortgages, a savings account and
The campaign aims to attract a core target market of 15 million
Advertising breaks this Sunday at 00:01 - the time of Egg’s official
launch - with a 90-second tactical vox-pop ad on ITV, starring Egg’s
call centre staff. During the rest of the day, ten 90-second one-off
vox-pops starring a total of 60 members of the public will be shown.
On Monday, HHCL will launch the second tranche of the campaign with
testimonial ads featuring the celebrities, Linford Christie and Zoe
Ball. The ads were created at HHCL by the creative partner, Steve Henry,
and were directed by Jeff Stark through Stark Films.
The campaign also includes broadcast sponsorship in a deal with Channel
4 that includes a variety of shows such as Prime Suspect, NYPD Blue and
Ally McBeal, as well as cult programmes including King of the Hill.
Internet, teletext, print and radio work will provide additional
Tony Williams, Egg’s communication director, said: ’Egg is the first
financial organisation in the UK designed in partnership with its
customers specifically for the digital age. A conventional launch
campaign could not deliver the kind of impact we are looking to
Rupert Howell, HHCL’s chief executive, said: ’Egg is a breakthrough in
levels of service. This is the next generation of financial
Media planning and buying is through New PHD, which pitched alongside
HHCL for the business. The vox-pops were created by Drum PHD.
Campaign revealed that the Prudential was in talks about its direct
banking arm in spring (Campaign, 27 March). The company appointed HHCL
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%