Waites joins Saville at Mother following five-year stint in US
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 January 1997 12:00AM
Mother, the company set up by Robert Saville on the back of the Channel 5 win (Campaign, 13 December 1996), has added more top talent to its ranks.
Mother, the company set up by Robert Saville on the back of the
Channel 5 win (Campaign, 13 December 1996), has added more top talent to
Mark Waites, a senior copywriter, has returned from a five-year stay in
the US to work with Saville, whom he met through Jay Pond-Jones,
Saville’s former creative partner at GGT.
Waites was most recently at Amster Yard, the New York agency owned by
McCann-Erickson, where he created campaigns for international clients
including Nescafe, Bacardi, Martini and Sol Beer. Before leaving for the
US in 1992, Waites, as an art director, worked at BMP DDB, Leagas
Delaney, DMB&B, Emerson Pond-Jones and Ogilvy and Mather.
Saville said: ’I sought Mark out because he is smart. He is also a good
thinker and knows how to solve a problem from start to finish.’
Waites’ UK campaigns include work for Sony, Sugar Puffs, Harrods, Royal
Mail, Birds Eye and Hofmeister. He initially went to the US to work at
Margeotes Fertitta and Weiss, where he created campaigns for clients
including Goldman Sachs, Swiss Army Knives and the New York stock
After two years at Margeotes Fertitta, he took time off to complete a
trip from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego on a motorcycle before joining
Waites said: ’I was happy at Amster Yard and I would never have come
back to England for a normal job.’
Waites flew back to the UK on Friday and started work immediately at
Mother’s new temporary office in Soho Square.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands