Spanish golf owner Polaris World holds pitch for £6m brief
By Rachel Gardner, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 June 2004 12:00AM
Polaris World, the luxury Spanish golf resort developer, is holding a pitch for its integrated advertising account, which it claims will have a £6 million budget.
It is understood to have invited J. Walter Thompson, M&C Saatchi, Minerva and McCann Erickson to pitch.
The participating agencies have been briefed to devise a brand campaign that will raise awareness of Polaris World among UK holidaymakers who may be considering buying a second home in the sun.
The advertising will also target people simply looking to invest in the overseas property market.
The successful agency is expected to be announced before the end of the month and will devise a multimedia campaign, including television and online elements, in time for the autumn.
The TV ad will provide a central point for the marketing strategy, which is also expected to incorporate PR, media and sponsorship.
Media planning and buying will be awarded to the media partner of the successful creative agency.
It will be the first time Polaris World has advertised in the UK. The company owns four golf resorts located near Spain's Murcia airport.
Each complex offers US-style living accommodation, its own town centre and golf courses designed by the golfers Jack Nicklaus and Dave Thomas.
Other facilities include restaurants, cafes, five-star hotels, supermarkets and fitness centres.
The latest addition, La Hacienda Riquelme, is a 200-year-old Spanish hacienda that is being reconstructed to incorporate more than 1,800 apartments.
The first phase of construction is expected to be completed by 2006.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Publicity Manager (PR) - World Leading Charity - Central London Ninesharp £38000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Analysis Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account