Spanish golf owner Polaris World holds pitch for £6m brief
By Rachel Gardner, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 June 2004 12:00AM
Polaris World, the luxury Spanish golf resort developer, is holding a pitch for its integrated advertising account, which it claims will have a £6 million budget.
It is understood to have invited J. Walter Thompson, M&C Saatchi, Minerva and McCann Erickson to pitch.
The participating agencies have been briefed to devise a brand campaign that will raise awareness of Polaris World among UK holidaymakers who may be considering buying a second home in the sun.
The advertising will also target people simply looking to invest in the overseas property market.
The successful agency is expected to be announced before the end of the month and will devise a multimedia campaign, including television and online elements, in time for the autumn.
The TV ad will provide a central point for the marketing strategy, which is also expected to incorporate PR, media and sponsorship.
Media planning and buying will be awarded to the media partner of the successful creative agency.
It will be the first time Polaris World has advertised in the UK. The company owns four golf resorts located near Spain's Murcia airport.
Each complex offers US-style living accommodation, its own town centre and golf courses designed by the golfers Jack Nicklaus and Dave Thomas.
Other facilities include restaurants, cafes, five-star hotels, supermarkets and fitness centres.
The latest addition, La Hacienda Riquelme, is a 200-year-old Spanish hacienda that is being reconstructed to incorporate more than 1,800 apartments.
The first phase of construction is expected to be completed by 2006.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Client Services Manager The Little Black Book Agency £30000 - £40000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £75 - £100K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Front End Developer - 5 Months Propel £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist - mid level Rare Selection Up to £35 - £60K + bonus & benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad