NEWS: Euro RSCG to share dollars 15m global Airbus ads with Mediastar
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 May 1996 12:00AM
Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper and Mediastar have won dollars 15 million worth of global business from the aeroplane manufacturer, Airbus Industrie.
Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper and Mediastar have won dollars 15 million worth of
global business from the aeroplane manufacturer, Airbus Industrie.
Airbus Industrie is a rival to Boeing and has decided to broaden its
marketing to target consumers as well as businesses, with separate
advertising campaigns that are set to break later this year.
Euro RSCG won the account from Osprey Park, which has handled the
business for more than 15 years. Airbus Industrie’s annual UK budget is
typically about pounds 3 million, but this will be increased as part of
a major overhaul of the company and an emphasis on international
Airbus Industrie, which is based in Toulouse, is run by a consortium of
companies from Germany, the UK, France and Spain. Its clients include
British Airways and Air France and it also recently sold 60 planes to
China, the first time that the Chinese government has looked anywhere
except Boeing for its aeroplanes.
Brett Gosper, the chief executive of Euro RSCG, said: ‘We have been
working for months to secure this account.’
The agency will be using national and international press, as well as
some selected and tightly targeted television advertising, in campaigns
aimed at both frequent travellers and businesses.
Gosper pointed out that frequent flyers can easily tell the difference
between Boeing and Airbus Industrie aeroplanes.
He said: ‘In terms of the number of seats, the safety and spaciousness
of the plane, its performance and modernity, there is a lot to tell the
public through advertising.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London