GSK begins overhaul of £25m direct agency roster
By Claire Billings,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 June 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - GlaxoSmithKline is overhauling its consumer healthcare and nutrition division's £25m UK direct marketing roster.
The company has invited a number of agencies to submit proposals, although the process is understood to be in its early stages.
GSK's consumer healthcare division houses over-the-counter medicines and nutritional healthcare brands such as Panadol, Aquafresh toothpaste, the energy drink brand Lucozade and the NiQuitin range of smoking cessation products.
GSK's review is understood to be part of an ongoing procurement-driven process to rationalise the company's global supplier relationships.
The company uses a number of direct marketing agencies to handle DM activity across its divisions.
Billington Cartmell has produced integrated work on Lucozade Energy; OgilvyOne has worked on NiQuitin; the Marketing Store on Aquafresh and Mercier Gray on Night Nurse.
WWAV Rapp Collins has also handled some below-the-line activity for the consumer healthcare division.
In April, GSK moved the advertising account for its nicotine replacement product NiQuitin CQ into WCRS out of Ogilvy & Mather without a pitch.
The move was made as part of a decision to consolidate the brand's advertising into one network. The business is held by the Havas-owned Arnold in the US.
The company's above-the-line roster comprises three agencies, with the majority of its business split between Grey Worldwide and Ogilvy & Mather. M&C Saatchi handles the Lucozade Sport drinks range.
WCRS does not have a European network, but will coordinate work with Arnold network agencies.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester