NEWS: DMB&B beats Grey to COI student job
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 May 1996 12:00AM
DMB&B has won the pounds 5 million Modern Apprenticeships account from the recently created Department for Education and Employment after a final shoot-out against Grey.
DMB&B has won the pounds 5 million Modern Apprenticeships account from
the recently created Department for Education and Employment after a
final shoot-out against Grey.
The appointment follows a four-way pitch in April that also involved
Bates Dorland and the incumbent of five years, GGT.
The win covers advertising for three Central Office of Information
schemes: Modern Apprenticeships, Career Development Loans and National
John Farrell, the joint chairman of DMB&B, said: ‘I am really pleased to
extend our relationship with the DFEE. The COI pitches are always a
rigorous test of an agency and it is good to get this vote of confidence
from an existing client.’
The Modern Apprenticeships account is the cornerstone of the pounds 5
DMB&B proposes to move on from last year’s GGT campaign to publicise
specific training products rather than just the general concept. A new
campaign is expected this summer to target school-leavers who are
considering their futures.
DMB&B will retain the line ‘Free your potential’ to promote the Modern
Apprenticeships scheme, which provides training for young adults who
want a career but do not necessarily a traditional education.
After the first round of pitches, the work submitted by Grey and DMB&B
was researched before a final decision was made.
Farrell added: ‘We understood the mindset of the target age group, and
our work concentrated on convincing them that Modern Apprenticeships is
not just another scheme.’
DMB&B already handles advertising for the Employment Service, for which
it has been running campaigns that target both employers and the
unemployed this year. It also works for the COI on its anti-drink
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London