Fallon rolls out debut television campaign for BBC's 6 Music station
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 July 2004 12:00AM
Fallon has unveiled its first television campaign for BBC 6 Music since the launch of the radio station two years ago.
The campaign aims to dramatise the digital station's passion for playing good music by showing that for BBC 6 presenters, such as Phill Jupitus, playing music on air is the same as playing it at home.
In the TV execution, we see Jupitus getting ready for work in the morning while listening to a BBC 6 Music soundtrack. When he arrives at the BBC studio to present his show, it is an exact replica of his home. The only difference between the two is that a microphone hangs above his turntables as he sits down to present his programme.
Rachell Fox, the marketing manager at BBC 6 Music, said: "The aim of this campaign is to inspire music lovers to give BBC 6 Music a try.
"The film shows that our presenters are passionate about the music that they play and they work at BBC 6 because the station feels the same way."
The campaign was written and art directed by Juan Cabral and directed by Neil Harris through Stink.
Media for the campaign was handled in-house by the BBC. The execution will run across all BBC stations.
BBC 6 Music delivers a mix of contemporary rock and pop music, featuring a selection of classic artists alongside the best emerging talent.
It is fronted by presenters including Steve Lamacq, Marc Riley and Jane Gazzo.
Magnus Djaba, the Fallon account director, said: "The great thing about BBC 6 Music and what makes it different is its presenters' attitude.
"For them, it's not just a job - they want to play the music they like, to others who like it, rather than following a set playlist."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK