Fahrenheit 9/11 UK launch backed with Eardrum radio work
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 July 2004 12:00AM
Fahrenheit 9/11, the new anti-George Bush documentary from Michael Moore, is being backed by a radio campaign, running exclusively on Xfm.
The campaign, by the radio specialist Eardrum, involves two ads, which will run in rotation. The first is a straightforward promotion, while the second takes a different tack, saying the film "misrepresents" the country's leaders.
The campaign was written by Ralph van Dijk, Eardrum's managing director and co-founder. "All too often, radio ads underestimate the listeners' intelligence - this campaign forces them to think," he said.
Danny Perkins, the head of releasing at Optimum Releasing, the film's UK distributor, said: "A lot of people in the US have made great efforts to discourage people from seeing the film."
The campaign also includes print work featuring Moore and President Bush in front of the White House. It will run in titles such as Time Out.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Proof Reader (Fashion, Print, Digital, Grammar) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (Agency, Marketing, Integrated) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR DIGITAL EXECUTIVE Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Lead Designer (Agency, Marketing, central-London) Creative Recruitment £32000 - £45000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Manager - Travel and Tech Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India