Fahrenheit 9/11 UK launch backed with Eardrum radio work
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 July 2004 12:00AM
Fahrenheit 9/11, the new anti-George Bush documentary from Michael Moore, is being backed by a radio campaign, running exclusively on Xfm.
The campaign, by the radio specialist Eardrum, involves two ads, which will run in rotation. The first is a straightforward promotion, while the second takes a different tack, saying the film "misrepresents" the country's leaders.
The campaign was written by Ralph van Dijk, Eardrum's managing director and co-founder. "All too often, radio ads underestimate the listeners' intelligence - this campaign forces them to think," he said.
Danny Perkins, the head of releasing at Optimum Releasing, the film's UK distributor, said: "A lot of people in the US have made great efforts to discourage people from seeing the film."
The campaign also includes print work featuring Moore and President Bush in front of the White House. It will run in titles such as Time Out.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Account Director £55k Barker Graves c£55k, Central London
- Senior Account Director [Maternity Cover] - Networked Agency Fill Recruitment £60k+ pro rata, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager [Automotive] - Excellent London Agency Fill Recruitment c£30k + good benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)