NEWS: McCanns poaches from Burnetts to fill top Coca-Cola role
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 November 1995 12:00AM
McCann-Erickson has taken an international media manager from Leo Burnett to head its dollars 200 million pan-European media account for Coca-Cola.
McCann-Erickson has taken an international media manager from Leo
Burnett to head its dollars 200 million pan-European media account for
Maarten Albarda, who worked on Burnetts’ Procter and Gamble business
across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, takes up the reins on Coca-
Cola just as the drinks giant is gearing up for a major rethink on media
buying around the world (Campaign, 29 September).
He takes over from Simon Aboud at McCanns as vice-president for
international media. Aboud left the post last month to take charge of
McCanns’ new youth division, Magic Hat.
Albarda will be based in London with a team of three and will report
directly to McCanns’ European media director, Murray Dudgeon. He will
have responsibility for pan-European media, such as Eurosport and MTV,
represent the media operation to Coca-Cola’s head office in Atlanta and
‘work very closely with the local groups in the field to make sure they
are all adopting the best practice,’ according to Dudgeon.
He confirmed McCanns had worked very closely with Coca-Cola throughout
the search, and had ‘taken its counsel’ about the appointment.
Albarda said: ‘It is going to be a tremendous challenge. Here is a
company that owns the biggest brand property in the world and is in the
process of re-inventing itself. It is now up to us to come up with the
proper answers to suit its new structure and approach.’
Albarda, who was born in Amsterdam, joined Burnetts London in 1992 from
the agency’s Dutch operation. He was previously with J. Walter Thompson
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity