NEWS: McCanns poaches from Burnetts to fill top Coca-Cola role
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 November 1995 12:00AM
McCann-Erickson has taken an international media manager from Leo Burnett to head its dollars 200 million pan-European media account for Coca-Cola.
McCann-Erickson has taken an international media manager from Leo
Burnett to head its dollars 200 million pan-European media account for
Maarten Albarda, who worked on Burnetts’ Procter and Gamble business
across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, takes up the reins on Coca-
Cola just as the drinks giant is gearing up for a major rethink on media
buying around the world (Campaign, 29 September).
He takes over from Simon Aboud at McCanns as vice-president for
international media. Aboud left the post last month to take charge of
McCanns’ new youth division, Magic Hat.
Albarda will be based in London with a team of three and will report
directly to McCanns’ European media director, Murray Dudgeon. He will
have responsibility for pan-European media, such as Eurosport and MTV,
represent the media operation to Coca-Cola’s head office in Atlanta and
‘work very closely with the local groups in the field to make sure they
are all adopting the best practice,’ according to Dudgeon.
He confirmed McCanns had worked very closely with Coca-Cola throughout
the search, and had ‘taken its counsel’ about the appointment.
Albarda said: ‘It is going to be a tremendous challenge. Here is a
company that owns the biggest brand property in the world and is in the
process of re-inventing itself. It is now up to us to come up with the
proper answers to suit its new structure and approach.’
Albarda, who was born in Amsterdam, joined Burnetts London in 1992 from
the agency’s Dutch operation. He was previously with J. Walter Thompson
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel