NEWS: EU ads for ecu likely
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 November 1995 12:00AM
The European Union may hire an agency to diffuse hostility towards a single currency among its citizens.
The European Union may hire an agency to diffuse hostility towards a
single currency among its citizens.
The advertising campaign, aimed at overcoming consumer distrust, is to
be discussed at a meeting in January between European Commission
officials and more than 300 representatives from consumer groups, trade
unions and national governments as well as advertising and media
One of the results of the meeting could be the go-ahead for an ad
campaign backed by a budget of up to dollars 108 million over five
years. The campaign would start in 1996 and climax with the expected
introduction of a single currency in 1999.
The work would attempt to hammer home the benefits of a single currency,
which would include an end to exchange-rate fluctuations and easier
The idea of an ad campaign has been welcomed by European agency bosses.
Jean de Yturbe, the chief executive of Bates Europe, said: ‘We’d be
happy to participate but it would be a bloody difficult job because you
could so easily get it wrong.’
Global brief, page 16
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London