NEWS: John Lewis to roll out ads through Burkitts
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 November 1995 12:00AM
John Lewis kicks off its first advertising campaign this week with press and poster work through Burkitt Edwards Martin.
John Lewis kicks off its first advertising campaign this week with press
and poster work through Burkitt Edwards Martin.
The advertising hopes to show that the John Lewis Partnership, which is
wholly owned by its employees, cultivates a caring, personal approach to
Julian Calderara, the client services director at Burkitts, said: ‘The
campaign is about substance. It states facts about John Lewis, coolly
and cleanly, to create intrigue.’
The ads break initially in the North-west.
One execution asks: ‘What makes a John Lewis department store
different?’ and presents a list of answers including, ‘We re-wax Barbour
jackets’ and ‘We do not have piped music.’
The campaign was created by Nick Scott, the head of art, and the
copywriter, Nick Wray, with photography by Peter Lavery.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Business Development Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Tamworth
- Planning Director Dynamic New Alliances £60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum, London
- Frontend Developer Pitch Consultants £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bolton
- Digital Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £45000 - £50000 Per Annum Bonus and Benefits, M40 Corridor