Telewest targets gamers with mailpack by Rapier
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 July 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - Telewest is using a direct marketing campaign by Rapier to increase subscriptions to its broadband internet service among console gamers.
The pack comes in a CD-shaped format with the words "stop playing with yourself" across the front.
Inside, copy explains that by signing up for broadband, gamers will be able to play against other gamers across the UK via the internet, rather than playing by themselves.
The campaign offers the Blueyonder gaming pack to Sony PlayStation2 and Xbox owners for £30.
Telewest is targeting social gamers, who enjoy playing console games with friends.
The vans driven by Telewest engineers are also being used to support the campaign. They carry the line "How's your driving?" to refer to console driving games.
Chad Raube, the director of internet services at Telewest Broadband, said: "In order to accelerate broadband adoption among the mass market, it is becoming increasingly important for internet service providers to bring broadband to life. This campaign targets distinct segments with messages relevant to them."
The pack was written by Hugo Bone and art directed by Tony Clements.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)