Handbag boosts agency relationships with Mughal hiring
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 July 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Handbag.com, the women's lifestyle website, is attempting to boost its relationships with agencies with the appointment of Shakeel Mughal as head of agency sales.
Mughal joins from free newspaper Metro, where he was head of client sales.
Before joining Metro, Mughal worked at Maxim and Stuff magazines. He will report to Handbag's head of sales, Ruth Browntree, and will lead a team of four.
Handbag.com wants Mughal to build relationships with media buyers in an attempt to take more of the media spend targeting women aged 18 to 45.
Brownlee said: "Shakeel's cross-media expertise, in particular his print sales background, will ensure we continue to secure not only online sales spend, but will encourage agencies to include Handbag.com in their overall media schedule."
Handbag.com is a joint venture between Boots and Hollinger Telegraph New Media.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant- Graduate Level createselect Competitive Salary, London (Greater)
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager - Digital Agency ADLIB c.£35k + Benefits, Wiltshire
- Digital Marketing Specialist Brand Recruitment Ã‚£30000 per annum + potential bonus and excellent benefits, Huntingdon
- Sales Executive/Account Manager - Premium Music Title Ultimate Asset Ã‚£23000 - Ã‚£26000 per annum + Uncapped Commission + Benefits, London