Handbag boosts agency relationships with Mughal hiring
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 July 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Handbag.com, the women's lifestyle website, is attempting to boost its relationships with agencies with the appointment of Shakeel Mughal as head of agency sales.
Mughal joins from free newspaper Metro, where he was head of client sales.
Before joining Metro, Mughal worked at Maxim and Stuff magazines. He will report to Handbag's head of sales, Ruth Browntree, and will lead a team of four.
Handbag.com wants Mughal to build relationships with media buyers in an attempt to take more of the media spend targeting women aged 18 to 45.
Brownlee said: "Shakeel's cross-media expertise, in particular his print sales background, will ensure we continue to secure not only online sales spend, but will encourage agencies to include Handbag.com in their overall media schedule."
Handbag.com is a joint venture between Boots and Hollinger Telegraph New Media.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads