Handbag boosts agency relationships with Mughal hiring
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 July 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Handbag.com, the women's lifestyle website, is attempting to boost its relationships with agencies with the appointment of Shakeel Mughal as head of agency sales.
Mughal joins from free newspaper Metro, where he was head of client sales.
Before joining Metro, Mughal worked at Maxim and Stuff magazines. He will report to Handbag's head of sales, Ruth Browntree, and will lead a team of four.
Handbag.com wants Mughal to build relationships with media buyers in an attempt to take more of the media spend targeting women aged 18 to 45.
Brownlee said: "Shakeel's cross-media expertise, in particular his print sales background, will ensure we continue to secure not only online sales spend, but will encourage agencies to include Handbag.com in their overall media schedule."
Handbag.com is a joint venture between Boots and Hollinger Telegraph New Media.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- Loyalty Senior Product Manager Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control