Handbag boosts agency relationships with Mughal hiring
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 July 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Handbag.com, the women's lifestyle website, is attempting to boost its relationships with agencies with the appointment of Shakeel Mughal as head of agency sales.
Mughal joins from free newspaper Metro, where he was head of client sales.
Before joining Metro, Mughal worked at Maxim and Stuff magazines. He will report to Handbag's head of sales, Ruth Browntree, and will lead a team of four.
Handbag.com wants Mughal to build relationships with media buyers in an attempt to take more of the media spend targeting women aged 18 to 45.
Brownlee said: "Shakeel's cross-media expertise, in particular his print sales background, will ensure we continue to secure not only online sales spend, but will encourage agencies to include Handbag.com in their overall media schedule."
Handbag.com is a joint venture between Boots and Hollinger Telegraph New Media.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Marketing National Trust circa £30,000 per annum, Heelis, Swindon
- Account Manager | Business Development Manager Dynamic New Alliances £18000.00 - £25000.00 per annum, City of London
- PPC Executive Propel £25000 - £30000 per annum, Camden
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad