Virgin to reveal £3m Megastore redesign in record-style work
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 July 2004 12:00AM
Virgin Megastores is unveiling a £3 million revamp of Tower Records' flagship Piccadilly store, supported by a press and poster campaign by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
The campaign, which will coincide with the official opening of the Megastore on 2 August, captures the idea of a "re-mastered London music landmark" by picturing bespoke record labels with copy written in the form of song titles.
In each of the four executions, the label contains an image of the Megastore building on Piccadilly. The headline reads: "London's music landmark." This is followed by either: "Re-mastered, re-issued or re-released Virgin Megastores."
It is the agency's first work since being appointed to the Virgin Retail creative account last month.
The media was planned and bought by Manning Gottlieb OMD and will include a takeover of Piccadilly Underground station, Tube card panels, 48-sheet poster sites and press ads in Metro and the Evening Standard.
The ads were created by Stuart Elkins and Graeme Cook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Senior Planner (DM Agency) Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch