Claire Beale named Campaign editor ahead of redesign
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 July 2004 08:30AM
LONDON - Campaign has promoted Claire Beale to the position of editor ahead of a redesign planned for later this year.
Beale, Campaign's deputy editor since 2000, takes over the magazine from next week. Caroline Marshall moves on from the role of editor to become the executive editor with responsibility for extending the Campaign brand into new areas.
At the same time Francesca Newland steps up from news editor to take on the deputy editor position.
The changes come as the magazine prepares to invest in enhanced coverage of media and marketing issues and refresh its appeal to its core audience, the creative advertising community.
Beale said: "This is a fantastic time to be taking over. There are real signs of a return to health in our industry and all the changes we're making are designed to capture and build upon this new-found confidence."
Rufus Olins, the managing director of Haymarket Management Publications, added: "Claire has a terrific depth of journalistic talent and experience and I am delighted she is taking over the reins on the magazine. I am also extremely grateful to Caroline for the very valuable contribution she has made and I look forward to working with her on developing the brand in her new role."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show