Claire Beale named Campaign editor ahead of redesign
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 July 2004 08:30AM
LONDON - Campaign has promoted Claire Beale to the position of editor ahead of a redesign planned for later this year.
Beale, Campaign's deputy editor since 2000, takes over the magazine from next week. Caroline Marshall moves on from the role of editor to become the executive editor with responsibility for extending the Campaign brand into new areas.
At the same time Francesca Newland steps up from news editor to take on the deputy editor position.
The changes come as the magazine prepares to invest in enhanced coverage of media and marketing issues and refresh its appeal to its core audience, the creative advertising community.
Beale said: "This is a fantastic time to be taking over. There are real signs of a return to health in our industry and all the changes we're making are designed to capture and build upon this new-found confidence."
Rufus Olins, the managing director of Haymarket Management Publications, added: "Claire has a terrific depth of journalistic talent and experience and I am delighted she is taking over the reins on the magazine. I am also extremely grateful to Caroline for the very valuable contribution she has made and I look forward to working with her on developing the brand in her new role."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Resource Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Corporate Responsibility Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £75000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch