Skoda rolls out AIS direct campaign for Octavia
By Claire Billings,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - Skoda is backing the launch of its latest Octavia model with an integrated campaign from Archibald Ingall Stretton.
The DM work complements the existing television campaign by Fallon. It encourages people to be different and drive a Skoda, previously an unpopular choice and the butt of many jokes.
The below-the-line campaign uses direct mail, inserts, email and ambient media to target both warm and cold prospects. It explains to drivers that even though many aspects of owning a car are the same whatever model they drive, one way of asserting their individuality is through their choice of car.
The direct mail pack contains a driver's licence that looks authentic, but contains pictures of the car.
Inserts, in the form of a tax disc, have been placed in motoring titles including Top Gear, Auto Express and Auto Car, as well as Esquire, The Times on Saturday's Saturday magazine and Moneywise.
The creative suggests that although individuals have to pay the same road tax or carry the same licence as everyone else, they don't have to drive the same car.
The campaign has been extended to petrol nozzles with the copy "You have to use the same fuel, but you don't have to drive the same car", and an e-mail campaign that launches pop-up ads and uses the line: "You may have to put up with the same pop-ups as everyone else, but you don't have to drive the same car."
The direct mail and email executions direct recipients to a microsite.
The campaign was written by John Vinton and art directed by Martin Lythgoe.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- HEAD OF UX - LONDON - UP TO £180K DOE Salt £120000 - £180000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £42000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Account Manager Beyond The Book £26000 - £28000 per annum, East Midlands Region / Northamptonshire / Northampton, Northamptonshire
- Account Manager - Sports Industry - Central London 24 Seven Inc Market Rate Plus Bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)