WCRS faces £80,000 bill after Bupa poster error
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
WCRS and its private healthcare client, Bupa, have been in dispute over a mistake in placing one of its recent poster campaigns.
Bupa asked WCRS to foot the bill, which is understood to be around £80,000, and the agency is asking Bupa's other marketing services agencies to contribute.
The poster campaign, part of the corporate activity that included the "get well sooner" and "the patient will see you now doctor" executions, involved running two versions of a poster execution.
One was intended to run on a large number of sites, with the other execution running on just a handful. However, the reverse happened and the wrong execution ran on the majority of sites.
Bupa's incumbent media agency is Starcom Mediavest, while Partners Andrews Aldridge works on its direct marketing and Poster Publicity handles outdoor planning and buying. It is understood that those approached have refused to give any money.
The campaign launched in April this year but the payment issue has yet to be resolved. WCRS has held the Bupa account for the past five years, after snatching it from Ogilvy & Mather in 1999.
This year, WCRS has also created a range of television ads, altering Bupa's positioning to one of a more friendly and approachable organisation.
The ads feature cartoon characters and use the line: "Bupa, the health and care people."
A Bupa spokeswoman said: "The poster campaign was a success and as far as we are concerned, all bills have been paid." WCRS refused to comment on the story.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Communications Coordinator AF Selection £20,000 - £25,000, Leicester, Leicestershire
- Senior Account Manager - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £38k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £40k - £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK