WCRS faces £80,000 bill after Bupa poster error
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
WCRS and its private healthcare client, Bupa, have been in dispute over a mistake in placing one of its recent poster campaigns.
Bupa asked WCRS to foot the bill, which is understood to be around £80,000, and the agency is asking Bupa's other marketing services agencies to contribute.
The poster campaign, part of the corporate activity that included the "get well sooner" and "the patient will see you now doctor" executions, involved running two versions of a poster execution.
One was intended to run on a large number of sites, with the other execution running on just a handful. However, the reverse happened and the wrong execution ran on the majority of sites.
Bupa's incumbent media agency is Starcom Mediavest, while Partners Andrews Aldridge works on its direct marketing and Poster Publicity handles outdoor planning and buying. It is understood that those approached have refused to give any money.
The campaign launched in April this year but the payment issue has yet to be resolved. WCRS has held the Bupa account for the past five years, after snatching it from Ogilvy & Mather in 1999.
This year, WCRS has also created a range of television ads, altering Bupa's positioning to one of a more friendly and approachable organisation.
The ads feature cartoon characters and use the line: "Bupa, the health and care people."
A Bupa spokeswoman said: "The poster campaign was a success and as far as we are concerned, all bills have been paid." WCRS refused to comment on the story.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- CRM & Online Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £45,000 plus benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Brand Manager / Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, East Midlands Region / West Midlands
- Market Research Analyst - World First Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (City of), London ...
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Vodafone to create play from tweets
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- ZenithOptimedia retains O2 and snatches Spanish market
- An agency view on the 'right to be forgotten'
- Land Rover moves global content and social media to Brooklyn Brothers