WCRS faces £80,000 bill after Bupa poster error
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
WCRS and its private healthcare client, Bupa, have been in dispute over a mistake in placing one of its recent poster campaigns.
Bupa asked WCRS to foot the bill, which is understood to be around £80,000, and the agency is asking Bupa's other marketing services agencies to contribute.
The poster campaign, part of the corporate activity that included the "get well sooner" and "the patient will see you now doctor" executions, involved running two versions of a poster execution.
One was intended to run on a large number of sites, with the other execution running on just a handful. However, the reverse happened and the wrong execution ran on the majority of sites.
Bupa's incumbent media agency is Starcom Mediavest, while Partners Andrews Aldridge works on its direct marketing and Poster Publicity handles outdoor planning and buying. It is understood that those approached have refused to give any money.
The campaign launched in April this year but the payment issue has yet to be resolved. WCRS has held the Bupa account for the past five years, after snatching it from Ogilvy & Mather in 1999.
This year, WCRS has also created a range of television ads, altering Bupa's positioning to one of a more friendly and approachable organisation.
The ads feature cartoon characters and use the line: "Bupa, the health and care people."
A Bupa spokeswoman said: "The poster campaign was a success and as far as we are concerned, all bills have been paid." WCRS refused to comment on the story.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - London - ATL - Advertising Agency Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum + STO - Amazing Benefits, West End
- Senior Account Manager - Excellent West London Agency Fill Recruitment £32k - £36k, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Managers x 2 - Top 10 Agency Fill Recruitment to £30k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3