Meat and Livestock Commission plans reshuffle of media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
The Meat and Livestock Commission is reviewing its media planning and buying account.
The MLC wants to appoint at least three agencies to develop strategy for the MLC, the British Pig Executive and the English Beef and Lamb Executive.
OMD UK, the incumbent, is expected to be asked to take part in the review process.
The move to create a roster of agencies with different responsibilities mirrors the MLC's recent creative pitch which resulted in DDB London winning the British Pig Executive brief and Leo Burnett winning the English Beef and Lamb Executive.
Publicis, Fallon and TBWA\London are also on the creative roster.
The creative agency arrangements were put in place to run for five years following a European Union Procurement process. The media arrangements are expected to run along similar lines.
The MLC is also reviewing its use of advertising support services and its public relations agency arrangements. The review process was overseen by the MLC's marketing director, Richard Lowe.
The body's most recent advertising activity has supported sales of lamb cuts.
As well as creating awareness for British meat in Britain and abroad, the MLC also works with the British meat industry to improve effciency against other markets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region