O'Hanlon takes McCann planning role
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
David O'Hanlon, the former HHCL & Partners planning partner and a founder of Passion & Partners, has joined McCann Erickson as its planning director, global accounts.
O'Hanlon, whose appointment begins immediately, will work across McCann's Microsoft and MasterCard accounts in Europe. He will report to Damian O'Malley, the newly appointed executive planning director, UK and Ireland, and the vice-president of planning, EMEA.
While at HHCL, O'Hanlon worked with Rupert Howell, now the chairman of McCann for the UK and Ireland.
He also worked on the Tango television campaign between 1993 and 1996 and was part of the team that developed Ronseal's "Does exactly what it says on the tin" line.
Before that, his career in advertising, which began in 1990, included stints at Still Price Lintas and J. Walter Thompson.
Until September last year, O'Hanlon was a founding partner of Passion & Partners, the consultancy business set up by the former Ogilvy & Mather chief executive Paul Simons. He has since been working as an independent consultant to advertisers.
Howell said: "Not only does O'Hanlon have brilliant insights, but he can translate them into brilliant creative work that delivers spectacular results for clients and he has the track record to prove it."
O'Hanlon added: "McCann is fast becoming the most exciting place to work in London. It's got a fabulous client list and some of the nicest, most talented people in town."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%