O'Hanlon takes McCann planning role
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
David O'Hanlon, the former HHCL & Partners planning partner and a founder of Passion & Partners, has joined McCann Erickson as its planning director, global accounts.
O'Hanlon, whose appointment begins immediately, will work across McCann's Microsoft and MasterCard accounts in Europe. He will report to Damian O'Malley, the newly appointed executive planning director, UK and Ireland, and the vice-president of planning, EMEA.
While at HHCL, O'Hanlon worked with Rupert Howell, now the chairman of McCann for the UK and Ireland.
He also worked on the Tango television campaign between 1993 and 1996 and was part of the team that developed Ronseal's "Does exactly what it says on the tin" line.
Before that, his career in advertising, which began in 1990, included stints at Still Price Lintas and J. Walter Thompson.
Until September last year, O'Hanlon was a founding partner of Passion & Partners, the consultancy business set up by the former Ogilvy & Mather chief executive Paul Simons. He has since been working as an independent consultant to advertisers.
Howell said: "Not only does O'Hanlon have brilliant insights, but he can translate them into brilliant creative work that delivers spectacular results for clients and he has the track record to prove it."
O'Hanlon added: "McCann is fast becoming the most exciting place to work in London. It's got a fabulous client list and some of the nicest, most talented people in town."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Internal Comms Business Partner - Technology Badenoch & Clark £60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London